General Rules for Exhibits
1. All exhibitors agree to be bound by the rules and regulations of the Ephrata Fair.
2. The Fair management reserves the right to amend or add to these rules and regulations as its judgments may determine.
3. Reasonable care will be taken to protect all exhibits on display from all injury and damage, but the Ephrata Farmers’ Day Association is not, in any way, to be held responsible for accidents, loss or damage by water, fire, theft or otherwise, whatever may be the cause or extent of the damage or loss.
4. All entries must be grown, produced or made since last year’s Fair by the person whose name appears on the entry tag. Only entries by exhibitors from Lancaster County and its contiguous counties will be accepted. Exhibitors in Department 11 must be under nineteen years of age. Ephrata Fair will collect a $2.00 fee per head for all livestock entries.
5. Only one exhibit per class per exhibitor is permitted, except in some livestock classes. Any exhibit can only be entered in one class.
6. An exhibit on display cannot be removed before designated removal times or forfeiture of premium will result.
7. Chairpersons of department reserve the right of refusing to accept any entry unfit to show. Chairpersons may limit the number of entries per exhibitor.
8. When there is no competition in a class, the judges shall award the premium on the merits of the individual exhibit. Same rule applies where there are fewer entries in any class than the number of premiums offered.
9. Should any individual enter any article in any other name than that of the bona fide owner, the person making such entry shall be disqualified from the competition.
10. The decision of the judges shall be final in all cases, except where mistakes, fraud, misrepresentation or collusion, not discovered at the time of the award, is proven. In such cases, the General Chairman may make the decision. The case may be appealed to the Fair Management, whose decision is final. All protests regarding the judging or premium money must be filed in writing at the Fair Office within 48 hours of the conclusion of the Fair.
11. During the judging, buildings are to be closed to everyone except fair officials, judges and necessary attendants.
12. It shall be the responsibility of the exhibitor to properly name the entry/exhibit or breed of livestock he/she is entering. Any exhibit improperly entered will be disqualified to receive a premium, but the judges may make the correction on the entry tag for the exhibitor’s benefit.
13. Any exhibitor displaying unsportsmanlike conduct toward judges, show officials, exhibitors, or general public will forfeit earned prize money and will be banned from exhibiting the following year.
14. Premium checks will be issued to winners of uptown exhibits at the Fair Office on Sunday from 2-4 p.m., and Monday following the fair from 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Premium checks for winners at Tent City will be available on Saturday 8 a.m.-10 a.m. at Grater Park, and then follow the uptown Fair Office schedule. All checks not cashed in 60 days will be void and considered a donation to the Ephrata Farmers’ Day Association. Premium checks will be mailed if a self-addressed stamped envelope is delivered to the Fair Office by Saturday noon week of the Fair.
15. Exhibited items which are not picked up within 14 days following the fair closing date will be discarded at the discretion of the department chairman.
16. The Fair management is not responsible for any errors in printing.
ENTERING PROCEDURE FOR EXHIBITORS
Each exhibitor must secure a number before entering an exhibit. This number will be used for all entries at the fair, Uptown or Tent City. Numbers will be issued at exhibit registration areas. Each exhibitor entering 5 or more items may pre-enter by mailing the General Entry Form. Pre-entered uptown exhibitors should pick up exhibitor number and completed exhibit tags at Fair Office (front door) before entering exhibits. Pre-entered Tent City exhibitors should pick up completed exhibit tags at Vegetable Tent. NO blank tags given to exhibitors. This procedure will speed up the entry process.