Exhibits Housed In A Tent In
Grater Memorial Park
Co-chairmen: Colleen & Jamie Worley - ext. 1080
250 Creamery Road, Denver, PA 17517
Judging: Thursday, Week of Fair - 6:30 P.M.
Entry Fee: $1.00 Per Head
1. Contest is open to all ages. Exhibitors are limited to residents of Lancaster County and adjoining counties in Pennsylvania.
2. All entries must be mailed along with entry fee to Chairman by September 13. Entries will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis until poultry tent capacity is reached with limit of 10 birds per immediate family. Management reserves the right to reduce number of entries per family if cooping facilities are exhausted. Efforts will be made to coop singly. Entry form on page 19.
3. All exhibitors must bear an identification leg band and be accompanied by an Owner-endorsed Health Certificate including: Name and location of exhibit; Name, address, telephone number and signature with date of exhibitor; A statement that their flock of origin is free of evidence of infectious and contagious disease; and verification of testing for A1 and Pullorum.
4. Exhibit must be bona fide property of exhibitor 30 days or longer before show day. Exhibitors are limited to 2 birds per class and a bird may compete in only one class..
5. All poultry must originate from a flock in good standing in the PA Avian Influenza Monitored or NPIP Clean Program; or must originate from a flock in which aminimum of 30 birds, at least 3 weeks old, were tested negative for A1 within 6 months of opening Fair date and accompanied by test report.
6. All poultry must originate from a flock in good standing in the NPIP Pullorum-Typhoid Clean or PA Pullorum Program. Negative test must be done 90 days prior to opening Fair date with chickens tested at 4 months of age or older and turkeys at 12 weeks of age or older. All birds shall be free or external parasites.
7. Fair will supply coop and shavings. All exhibitors are responsible for cleaning and caring for their own birds. 4-H and FFA exhibitors see Housekeeping Contest Awards, Page 25.
8. The American Standard of Perfections of the APA and the Bantam Standard of the ABA will govern judging.
9. Exhibitors must be present to assist with set up on Sunday, 2:00 p.m., week of Fair, or to clean up Friday, 10:00 p.m., week of Fair. Failure to attend may result in forfeiture of premiums.
10. Coop In will be Monday, 4:00-6:00 p.m. Release time is Friday after 10:00 p.m.
1st-$8.00; 2nd-$6.00; 3rd-$4.00; 4th-$3.00; 5th-$2.00
Best of Breed Rosette for each Section
Best of Show Trophy
Classes will be broken by young and adult males and females in all breeds as listed in the Standard of Perfection. Classes will not be judged by variety.
SECTION 100 - Bantams
SECTION 200 - Chickens
SECTION 300 - Turkeys
SECTION 400 - Ducks