Department 2 - Dairy Cattle
1. Exhibitors are limited to residents of Lancaster County and adjoining counties in Pennsylvania.
2. Entries: Copies of breed registration papers for each animal are due to the Chairman by September 13th along with entries and fees. Entries will be accepted on a first come, first served basis until the capacity of the dairy tent is obtained. Entry form on page 19.
3. Health Requirements: No entries showing clinical evidence of infectious, contagious, or parasitic disease or under quarantine for any disease shall be admitted to the show. All entries must be identified by an official ear tag and be accompanied by a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection dated March 1 or later. It is recommended that all cattle be immunized against IBR, PI3, and BVD. Rabies vaccination recommended.
4. Care: Bedding will be furnished by the Ephrata Farmers’ Day Association. The feed, feed boxes, and water buckets must be furnished by the exhibitor who must see that animals are fed and cared for during the ENTIRE fair. The Ephrata Farmers’ Day Association will provide a night watchman to stay with the animals. All cattle are required to have neck ties and halters on at all times.
5. Time: All animals for exhibition must be placed in the tent by 10:00 a.m. Tuesday. The animals must remain on exhibit until 10:00 a.m. Saturday, week of fair.
6. Classes and premiums listed below apply to each of the following breeds and apply to both Open and Junior Shows.
210-Ayrshire 220-Brown Swiss 230-Guernsey 240-Holstein 250-Jersey 260-Linebacks 270-Red & White
Classes and Premiums:
Premiums: 1st-$15.00; 2nd-$14.00; 3rd-$13.00; 4th-$12.00; 5th-$11.00
00001 Spring Calf
00002 Winter Calf
00003 Fall Calf
Premiums: 1st-$28.00; 2nd-$26.00; 3rd-$24.00; 4th-$22.00; 5th-$20.00
00004 Summer Yearling
00005 Spring Yearling
00006 Winter Yearling
00007 Fall Yearling
Premiums: 1st-$36.00; 2nd-$34.00; 3rd-$32.00; 4th-$30.00; 5th-$28.00
00008 Dry Cow
00009 Junior 2 Year Old
00010 Senior 2 Year Old
00011 3 Year Old
00012 4 Year Old
00013 5 Years & Older
Premiums: 1st-$35.00; 2nd-$32.00; 3rd-$29.00; 4th-$26.00; 5th-$23.00
00014 Best 3 Females
00015 Produce of Dam
00016 Dam and Daughter
Premiums: 1st-$15.00; 2nd-$10.00
00017 Best Udder-Cow In Milk, Any Age